Published by ASHRAE, this document provides an overview of how all New Construction and Ongoing Commissioning activities for the HVAC&R* Systems’ should be managed and delivered to meet the ASHRAE Guideline 0 and, ultimately, the Owner Project Requirements from Pre-Design through to Occupancy & Operations.
*HVAC&R – Heating Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigerant Systems,
Although the document says that it covers ‘technical requirements,’ that is a little misleading. It does not provide information on ‘how to test x equipment and how to test y system.’ It focuses upon the Commissioning Process, as explained in ASHRAE Guideline 0, expanding upon some of the requirements and providing more depth to what should be included within the documentation.
- HVAC&R Systems that are to support the Commissioning Process
- Validation and verification through the different phases
- What the acceptance should be through each phase
- What documentation will be required through each phase
- Systems Manual,
- and Training of Facilities Management and Operations Staff / Occupants.
In our opinion, this document could quite easily be wrapped up in the ASHRAE Guideline 0 – The Commissioning Process. It would possibly remove any confusion etc as to which document to work to. Seems a bit harsh to separate and then charge for the information that is contained.
Not really worth $87.00.
Provides good information on the requirements and guidance on completing documents and checklists etc.
Could do better:
The information contained is also mainly covered within Guideline 0, could align so then only need to purchase 1 document [ASHRAE Guideline 0 – The Commissioning Process].
Document Content Overview:
- Section 1 – 4 Purpose, Scope, Utilization, Definitions
- Section 5 – Pre Design Phase
- Section 6 – Design Phase
- Section 7 – Construction Phase
- Section 8 – Occupancy & Operations Phase
- General Appendicies
|Publish year:||2007 [latest]|
|Sold by:||Tech Street|
Contractors / Engineers
PDF & Printed
|Availability:||Immediate Download /|
Ships 1-2 days
|Cost:||from $87.00 [non member]|
from $65.00 [member]
|Click to view document:||Click to view|