Standard 202 – “Commissioning Process for Building and Systems” is published by ASHRAE / *ANSI / **IES. It is written to standardize the minimum requirements of a commissioning process to be deployed within a building and its systems.
*ANSI – Approved American National Standard / ** IES – Illuminating Engineering Society
As noted above, the standard provides a minimum process that can be adapted to deliver a level of commissioning process into a project. It focuses upon:
- the minimum activities required for design, development, construction, operation, and modification of buildings, and it’s systems
- provides a base for processes, activities, and sequences
- establishes responsibilities, deliverables, and expected documentation/records
In our opinion, we would generally lean towards ASHRAE Guideline 0 if looking to implement a commissioning process as it is, in our opinion, easier to follow and provides more structure/information.
Not really worth $87.00.
Provides a high-level document that sets a standard that can be adapted easily no matter what the project.
Could do better:
The information contained is also mainly covered within Guideline 0, could align so then only need to purchase 1 document. If looking for a complete process, then we would suggest investigating ASHRAE Guideline 0.
Document Content Overview:
- Section 1 – 4 Purpose, Scope, Definitions, Utilization
- Section 5 – Initiating the Commissioning Process
- Section 6 – Owner’s Project Requirements
- Section 7 – Commissioning Process Plan
- Section 8 – Basis of Design
- Section 9 – Contractor, Supplier, and Manufacturer Commissioning Requirements
- Section 10 – Design Review
- Section 11 – Commissioning Submittal Review
- Section 12 – Construction Observation and Testing
- Section 13 – Issues and Resolutions Documentation
- Section 14 – Systems Manuals
- Section 15 – Training
- Section 16 – Post Occupancy Operation
- Section 17 – Cx Report
- General Appendicies
|Published by:||ASHRAE / ANSI / IES|
|Publish year:||2018 [latest]|
|Sold by:||Tech Street|
Contractors / Engineers
PDF & Printed
|Availability:||Immediate Download /|
Ships 1-2 days
|Cost:||from $100.00 [non member]|
from $75.00 [member]
|Click to view document:||Click to view|